Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Alien War: Chapter 14: Plebant Freaks Out

 Moksha reluctantly took Purple's hand now not because he didn't want to go with her but because he knew there would be a potential shit storm that he and she would now have to deal with on Ganymede, the Moon in the Solar System. So, the next second after they left Plebant was ringing on their doorbell to their living quarters desperately.

When Moksha finally answered the door, Plebant was terrified and told Moksha that Geoffrey's tribe was so angry that they might kill him.

Moksha said, "I'm just waking up now so give me a moment to compose myself."

Plebant said, "This is an emergency, Sire. I think I may have gotten myself killed."

Moksha said, "Purple. Come here for a moment."

Purple: "What is is Moksha?" Even though she already knew the problem because this is what she does.

Moksha smiled because he knew this too.

Plebant was terrified in a way that Moksha had never seen before.

Moksha: "Plebant! Close the door. I have something very private to share with you."

Plebant did what he was told and said, "I'm trying to protect myself and my tribe!"

Moksha said, "You have to swear to me what I'm about to tell you will never go past you!"

Plebant said, "I swear upon my life that I will reveal nothing you are about to to anyone ever!"

Moksha: You will be king of the Marauders and we will have a peaceful transition to you as soon as we finish with Earth. Is that understood?"

Plebant: "But Sire. How can I survive to become King?"

Moksha: "When you become king I will tell you what to do to survive always. And Purple here is going to show you why you will survive all attempts on your life."

Plebant: "What?"

Moksha: "Purple is with the Galactic Time Guard so even if someone did succeed in killing you she would bring you back to life."

Purple: "Or I could have a side agreement with you, Plebant, to take care of all problems before they arise?"

Plebant laughed hard at this because he knew what this really meant.

Plebant: You plan to do something else after Earth working for the Galactic Sentience, don't you?"

Moksha: "How did you know, Plebant that's very resourceful of you?"

Plebant: "I have my contacts throughout the galaxy. I'm the best educated member of the marauders."

Moksha: "That's why I want to make you king. But, as king you will really work for me so that I can keep you alive? Is that a deal?"

Plebant looked like he found his long lost love: "It's a deal, Your highness, I will be your regent but act like I'm the king. No one but us here will ever know."

Moksha looked into Plebant really deep and said, "IF you betray me or any of this Purple here will kill you immediately like she did Geoffrey. Maybe even the same exact way!"

Plebant looked both happy and forlorn at the same time:"I'd do almost anything to stay alive and she is the most formidable force in the Galaxy besides the Galactic Sentience."

Moksha: "That's exactly right, Plebant. So, we have a deal?"

Plebant: "We have a great deal for all of us!"

Moksha: "Now Purple is going to make some changes to people who want her and you and I dead."

Purple: "I'm not sure that is the best solution, Moksha."

Moksha: "What would you recommend, Purple?"

Purple: "I put this out as a project for the created Sentients of the Galactic time Guard and they are working on it right now. Give us a few minutes to plan as it takes thousands to millions of created sentient time to come up with the best plan for everyone involved. I'm not just a killer, Arcane. I'm a planner too to create the best outcome for everyone."

Moksha: "You surprise me more every day and you scare me more every day, Purple."

Plebant: "I'm grateful, Purple. But you scare the shit out of me too."

Purple smiled her demure smile which made both of them laugh with abandon in this tense moment.

Purple said, "This room was to have been blown up in a coup while Plebant and you and I were talking. What should I do with the culprits?"

Moksha: "Bring the leaders here now!"

Blade and Eagle Appeared and were really pissed off. They are the sons of Geoffrey and rightful leaders of his Tribal Clan of Marauders.

Eagle was the oldest and spoke first: "How dare you bring us here into your chambers after what that bitch did to our father?"

Moksha: "We could have killed you instead!"

Eagle shut up and listened then.

Moksha: "As head of my security, Purple, what is going on here?"

Purple: "These gentlemen tried to blow us all up but my robots detected it and stopped it!"

Eagle: "Well. That's a relief. I thought we were going to blow up too!"

Moksha laughed. 

Eagle and Blade isn't it? said Moksha.

Blade said, "That's right!"

Moksha said: "Who is the leader of your tribe now?"

Eagle said, "I am but Blade isn't happy with this outcome."

Moksha said, "What better outcome should there be, Blade?"

Blade said, "Well. We could both run the Clan together. I don't trust Eagle to keep me alive?"

Eagle: "I don't care if you think I will keep you alive!"

Moksha: "Eagle. Your father is dead. He's not there to protect you from Blade now. You might be a better fighter because you are older but eventually Blade is going to kill you if you don't give him some power over whether he stays alive. This whole thing to kill Purple and Plebant and I would have resulted in the deaths of all your tribe. Did you know this?"

Eagle: "You had our Dad killed, Moksha!"

Moksha: "I had no other choice!"

Eagle: "Why?"

Moksha: "Did you know what Purple here told me?"

Eagle: "No!"

Moksha: "She told me how they would have killed everyone of us here on Genymede if I hadn't let us kill your father!"

Eagle: "Why?"

Moksha: "Because your Dad killed a Galactic Time guard member and stole his time conveyance. He was going to get all of us killed including you guys!"

Eagle: "NO one told us this!"

Plebant: "I had it on my transmission you two young idiots! If you had just listened to the transmissions instead of going off half cocked you wouldn't be here now dealing with all this."

Eagle: "F.U. Plebant"

Plebant: "Grow up Eagle and grow a pair!"

Purple had to restrain Eagle and Blade at this point.

Eagle: "You are not even human are you?"

Purple: "That's beside the point right now."

Moksha: "Plebant you need to stay out of this if I'm to keep you alive."

Plebant shut up.

Moksha: "Listen you guys. I was forced to have your father killed without telling you why. I owe you both something even though the mistake made here was by Geoffrey your father."

Eagle: "I see that now. This is the kind of thing Dad's criminal mind would naturally come up with. I can see his writing all over this."

Moksha: "Yes. And you two don't have to die because of his mistake do you?"

Eagle: "Nope."

Moksha: "Blade?"

Blade: "NO! we don't have to die because Dad almost got us all killed."

Moksha: "So, are we okay?"

Eagle: "For now."

Moksha: "You need to promise some power to Blade if you want to stay alive now, Eagle."

Eagle: "What would you recommend, Sire?"

Moksha: "Blade. What would it take for you not to kill your brother?"

Blade: "I need equal power and for him to promise not to kill me!"

Moksha: "Wait! I have it! Eagle you take 51% of the power and share 49% of the power with Blade this way if there is a disagreement someone can actually make a decision. Okay? This way you can rule together and you won't kill each other. Okay?"

Blade said, "I'm okay with this."

Eagle: "I think this could work."

Moksha: "Okay. Purple you can send them back to wherever they were before. Oh Wait!"

Purple: "Okay."

Moksha: "This is your last free ride, boys. Your last chance. If you threaten me or cross me again your lives are both over. Do you understand this?"

Eagle and Blade nodded in a sad but understanding way.

Moksha: "If either of you have any complaints please come and talk to me personally before you try to kill anyone, okay?"

Again they nodded.

And purple made them disappear back to wherever they had been before.

At this point Moksha said to Plebant: "I need to appoint you as my Regent sort of like my Vice President if this were a democracy, Plebant."

Plebant Said, "I"m honored, Sire, that you trust me with this awesome responsibility."

Moksha: "On one level you are the most informed and level headed person I know of among the Tribal Leaders. It's obvious why Eagle and Blade wouldn't be the best choice because they are still wet behind the ears so to speak."

Plebant: "Yes. That was pretty disgusting to have to deal with right now."

Moksha: "Yes. If it weren't for Purple and her security methods through time all of our bodies Likely including Eagle and Blade too) could have been blown up by them at this point."

Plebant: "Yes. I see how incredibly valuable Purple is to all of us at this point."

Moksha: "Could you video this?"

Plebant turned on his video camera device and set it on a table.

Moksha said, and he brought out this ceremonial sword used by Kings of the Marauders for hundreds of years already. Moksha noticed Plebant sort of winced at the sword because he was still uneasy from Geoffrey dying suddenly and Eagle and Blade threatening all their lives today.

Moksha said, "I, Moksha King of the Marauder tribes of this sector of the galaxy do hereby appoint Plebant Tribal leader of his tribe as Regent of the marauder Tribes of this sector of the Galaxy."

Moksha took the sword and touched both shoulders of Plebant while he was kneeling like he was being knighted or something but in this case he was being made Regent or 2nd in command under Moksha of all the marauder tribes under the power of Moksha King of the Marauders.

Moksha then spoke to the tribes via the video: "It was unfortunate that Geoffrey made a serious mistake that almost cost all of our lives including his tribe and his children. But, we need to move forward now and I'm appointing Plebant as the next Regent of the Marauders because Geoffrey is now gone and cannot fulfill his duties as Regent whenever I am gone. I'm going to be very very busy now conducting meetings with members of the Galactic Government various places, so, the person to most easily speak with now is Plebant who as you can see I just appointed to be Regent in place of Geoffrey. Geoffrey really only made one mistake but that mistake was so serious we all almost died. I have been informed if we hadn't dealt with  Geoffrey when we did we all would have been killed here at Ganymede very soon."

"So, it was ONLY to protect your lives here on Ganymede that Geoffrey had to leave quickly. It's important that everyone understands this."

"Plebant is the most educated of all of us and likely has the most useful contacts throughout the galaxy to help us financially support us and to keep us all safe from harm. This is why I'm asking Plebant to be my next Regent. And it's true should anything happen to me, Plebant is next in line to the throne of the Marauder Tribes of this Sector of the Galaxy."

"I'm sorry for all the mess and inconvenience of all of this but this was the best we all could do on a moments notice to protect all of you from bodily harm. I too, miss Geoffrey a lot because he was always of very great help to me until he made this one really big mistake that threatened all of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment