Sunday, November 15, 2015

Positive Thinking

I used to think positive thinking was baloney and while in my 20s I was always into honesty about everything even if it hurt people's feelings. Then I started to see that honesty wasn't always the best policy because sometimes my honesty hurt people in ways I hadn't intended it to.

Then I started to realize there was something more important than honesty, Compassion.

I realized I had been set on a very critical path and I wanted to stop being truthful and critical of people in my "Honesty".

I saw that many religious paths destroy people around them in the same or other religions subtly destroyed other people's lives.

For example, mostly white religions destroyed the lives of minorities or people who were white but believed different things than they did.

So, I started to see that the same people who talk about Christmas being destroyed were not sensitive to all the people being hurt because they didn't feel okay about celebrating their own religion around Christmas time because in the U.S. Christmas is overwhelming.

However, the other side of this is every majority religion everywhere on earth does this too.

So, what Christians in the U.S. have done to others all other big religions around the world still do the same thing to destroy people in other religions who are minority religions.

Anyway, I digress.

Positive thinking I discovered in my present wife and finally had suffered enough in my 20s and 40s to realize her positive thinking was saving my life: literally.

She was the type of person I was raised to marry growing up but I didn't meet her until she was 39 and I about 46. But, she saved me from myself and I saved her by becoming her knight in shining armor so to speak. And life has been pretty good ever since, even though I almost died in 1998 from a heart virus and in 2015 from a burst appendix. Her positive thinking was one of the reasons I pulled through both times.

So, what I'm saying here is Positive thinking can save your life if applied practically to any situation.

So, my point of view at present is: "I would have already died around age 50 without God sending me my present wife.

I'm really grateful to God for all the many many blessings he has bestowed upon me in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment