Sunday, October 10, 2021

The Alien War: Chapter 19: The Oracle of New Deva and Prophetess

 It happened when Prophetess was about 12 or 13 years old. She was summoned by the Oracle of New Deva (the one before young Arcane).

Her mother brought her into the room and the Oracle asked permission to speak to Prophetess alone. 

Her mother asked why?

The Oracle said, "I have to tell her a secret that cannot be revealed until it actually happens years from now."

Her mother said, "But can she keep this secret?"

The Oracle Smiled: "She already has to keep more secrets than you know every day."

Her Mother: "Why?"

The Oracle: "Well. You likely will be horrified to know that anyone she is looking at she knows everything that they are thinking. It's a part of why she is "Prophetess". She sees and knows everything, especially the things people try to hide from her but cannot."

Her mother's face turned red and she sat down and almost fainted before she sat down.

The Oracle brought Prophetess into his office with him and sat her down in front of his desk.

The Oracle said, "What I said is true isn't it, Prophetess."

Prophetess: "Yes. But I wish I could have told her in my own time."

The Oracle: "I needed an excuse to talk to you alone, my dear. I'm sorry if I stole your thunder."

Prophetess: "I can see why you brought me here already."

The Oracle: "OF course you can my dear. You see my thoughts too."

Prophetess: "But how can I marry Arcane? He's betrothed to my sister Ah Ray In."

The Oracle: "I cannot tell you that because I don't know myself. I simply know that when ARcane is 4000 to 5000 years old he will come and you will convince him to marry you. He will need you then because his wife will have died and you and he will be become both married and immortal together."

Prophetess: "Married forever to the same man? That Sounds awful!"

Oracle: "It won't be like you think. You are a young saint and have a lot to learn about life yet. Arcane is also a young saint and will suffer greatly before you marry him and grow up. After all, he will be 4000 to 5000 years old when you marry him."

Prophetess: "But that's really old."

Oracle: "Yes. But, he will be regenerated so he will look still like in his 30s or 40s and very healthy."

Prophetess: "Whatever you say, Sir!"

Oracle: "We may not ever speak of it again, Prophetess. But if you have trouble with this secret come and speak with me about it, okay?"

Oracle: "We need to be supportive to your mother now. She's in shock regarding what I told her about you."

Prophetess: "Well. Wouldn't you be if you were my mother?"

Oracle smiled and said, "Yes. I would be grief stricken in a way that would be unlike any other. It's like finding out your mind and everyone's mind around you has been bugged all along."

Prophetess: "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment